Mince Pies and Turkey.

Its funny how Christmas has yet again crept up on us despite the fact it is set in stone every year and all of a sudden, we are out of time to do that thing, or get that present, or send that card, and the 'where did the year go?' comments keep on coming.

It is the same with fitness training, and although most people will start off with the best intentions come the stroke of midnight on the 31st of December, it is difficult to actually start, and the hardest thing is to keep going to 'get the bug'. The reality is, that when you have got the habit, it is relatively easy to find the time to do something that you want to do and enjoy.

I was finding that same scenario with the gym, and although I have never been a big fan, (I considered the road, and the water essentially my free access to getting/keeping fit), it was put to me by the guys at Pinnacle performance that in order to achieve my goals, I needed to improve my core strength and my overall conditioning. With their help, and support, I am starting to get the bug/habit of going to the gym, and I am actually starting to enjoy it. They are super friendly, and able to tailor a workout specifically for me, and the goals i want to achieve. I am now finding running and swimming even more rewarding.

The other real benefit to improving my strength and condition, is injury reduction, but it is inevitable, that I will need some form of physiotherapy or Sports massage, whilst we get ready for the big one. Paul is my number one choice from Allsports Therapy. Although I cant say it is pain free whilst his thumbs are doing their thing, the results, and the speed at which I seem to recover is like magic. I have never been in a position to require this sort of treatment before, but I can see why the professional teams have the magicians in place.

I hope like me, everyone is looking forward to a little bit of over indulgence for the next couple of weeks, without the need to feel guilty about it. Lets face it, if you have spent the year over indulging what's an extra bit of turkey or a couple of extra mince pies going to do? 2016 is the year to get the bug, and maybe even set a goal.

Thank you to everyone that has shown me support this year. I hope 2016 will make everyone proud.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New year.