It has been a while!


I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and the New Years resolutions are still holding up!

As some people may be aware, I contracted meningitis when I was 5 months old, and only Mum and Dad could tell you how they felt when I was given a 50/50 chance of survival.

Thankfully I pulled through, and the doctors recommended my parents put me in a swimming pool, as part of my rehabilitation. The rest, as they say, is history. After a bit of practice I managed to compete internationally in swimming galas, before being introduced to sailing. Which, after more practice, led me to compete internationally, and that competitive streak has never left me.

Now I have a family of my own, and I can fully appreciate what my parents went through in hospital that night, and I am lucky, that thanks to Polly, I have 2 beautiful children who are healthy and strong.

I feel it is now time to give something back, and I am so proud to announce that one of the charities I aim to raise funds for, through this challenge is Meningitis Now :


  • Provide a powerful, united voice for individuals, families, communities, experts and professionals who know just how devastating meningitis (and septicaemia) can be.
  • Save lives by funding research into vaccines and prevention.
  • Reduce the impact of the disease by raising awareness, empowering people with the knowledge and information they need to get urgent medical attention if they suspect meningitis.
  • Rebuild futures by providing dedicated support to people living with the impact of meningitis.
  • Raise the funds we need to deliver our vision, inspired by the individuals and families at the heart of our organisation
Please feel free to DONATE now.